Thursday, June 11, 2009

UPDATE: Justin Johnson

I just received a text from David Smoak of smoaky.com. He just got off the phone with Justin Johnson and has this quote on his website:

"Former Gilmer High School star Justin Johnson has confirmed he would like to transfer from the University of Oklahoma to Abilene Christian University.

Johnson, a sophomore who will be eligible to play immediately at the NCAA Division II program, told KTBB's David Smoak, "I'm relieved the process is over, a lot of pressure is off my back, I loved Oklahoma and I was very proud to be part of the Sooner family," Johnson continued, "and I'm also proud of how I progressed through their system athletically and academically, but it was time for me to move in a different direction, and I'm so excited about going to Abilene.

However, a source close to Johnson told KTBB Sports on Thursday afternoon, "I don't think Justin has been released from his scholarship at OU, so I don't know how he can make that decision yet."

Stay tuned..."

Update from Smoaky.com

Gilmer's Johnson confirms interest in transfer(Updated, 6-11-2009, 8:47pm)

(Courtesy Stoops quotes to Cary Murdock at SoonerScoop.com)
Here are Bob Stoops quotes just moments ago on the status of Justin Johnson."Right now we anticipate him transferring, which is fine," said Stoops. "We’ll give him a full release and wish him the best. We wish him the best. Certain guys seek certain things and he feels that’s best for him. We want it for him as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico