Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recruiting Insider - Charles Coleman

In today's Recruiting Insider, we have Charles Coleman, a 5'9" 180 lb running back who runs a 4.6 forty. Charles was a teammate of Jake Sims and Jonathan Turner at Corpus Christi Carroll. As mentioned before, the Tigers made it to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in several years. Charles was a big reason for the Tigers' success, rushing for 2,280 yards and 22 TDs, with 312 of those yards coming in the playoffs. For his efforts, Charles was a unanimous first team all-district selection at running back, first team all-South Texas, and second team all-state.

Q - Charles, what an great senior season. What will you remember most from last year?
CC - I will remember working hard with my team and playing to our best ability.

Q - You kind of came out of nowhere in 2009. Did you honestly expect to have such a huge season?
CC - I didnt really expect to have such a great season but i went and played as hard as i could and things worked out for me.

Q - What was your favorite game this past season and why?
CC - My favorite game was against San Antonio East Central (a 47-22 CC Carroll win) because their running back (Chris Johnson) was supposed to be the best in district and I had more yards than he did in the game. (Coleman rushed for 305 yards and 4 TDs in the game, Johnson had 229 yds and 3 TDs).

Q - Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction?
CC - We had a few colleges come around, but it never really distracted me.

Q - Who are the schools interested in you?
CC - I don't know what schools are interested in me.

Q - What schools are you most interested in?
CC - No favorite. I am interested in any school that shows interest in me.

Q - How big of a role do academics play in your decision? Have you decided on a major?
CC - Academics play a big role. I want a good education, but I haven't decided on a major.

Q - What strengths do you have that will help you be successful at the collegiate level?
CC - I'm very coachable, a team player, who is willing to go the extra mile.

Q - Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today?
CC - My role models would be my dad and my uncle. They had me in the weightroom and had me running drills.

Q - Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two?
CC - Play with all your heart and leave it all on the field.

Thanks Charles, we will be looking for you on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico