Sunday, January 24, 2016

Alex Shillow - Q&A


We have Alex Shillow this morning.  Alex capped off his senior season with an Associated Press second team all-state selection.  Teaming with Louis Kelley, Pflugerville had one of the top secondaries in the Cen-Tex region.

HUDL Highlights


LSC Scoop - What an outstanding senior season. What will you remember most from last year?
Thank you, and what I will remember most is the memories that were made throughout the season with my brothers. We faced adversity on and off the field but we stuck through it, played hard and had a memorable season. 

Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction? Colleges started coming around a little after the season but really right when the new year came around my phone started ringing every day. It never was a distraction but I was and am highly into the recruiting process so it's actually a great time in my life. 

Who are the schools interested in you? Texas A&M-Kingsville, Texas A&M-Commerce, Midwestern State, Southwestern Oklahoma State and Missouri S&T are all really on me.


ShillowWhat schools are you most interested in? Hard to rank them right now but I'll have a decision by signing day, haha. 

How big of a role do academics play in your decision? Have you decided on a major? Academics play a big role in my decision because football is going to end for all of us one day, so I need to know I'll be getting a good degree from my major which is Business Management.


Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today?
I want to say thank you to my parents first, because I wouldn't be here with out them. My coaches, Grindtime, and all my teammates who've pushed me to be the greatest athlete I could be so far. 

Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two? The biggest advice to guys about to get recruited is be realistic with yourselves and ask as many questions as possible during the process. Send your film as much you can as well. Don't doubt yourself, all you need is one school to give you an opportunity! Then ball out. 

What teammates do you think have the ability to play at the collegiate level? Are they being recruited? I got a couple teammates getting recruited from LSC schools, but my DT Tyler Turner and Jordan Barrs, DB D'Morea Horton, LB Manny Daniels, and WR Dawson Tamez all got the talent but just need an opportunity.

Thank you Alex. Best of luck on your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico