Monday, January 25, 2016

Brent Hertel - Q&A

Today, we have Brent Hertel, TE from Cypress Falls.  In the Eagles run offense, Brent didn't catch a ton of passes (10), but averaged almost 25 yard per catch and had 4 TDs.  After the season, VYPE Magazine named him to the All-Greater Houston football team.  At the time of the interview, he had not yet committed to a college.  Since then, he has announced his decision, which we added to the bottom of the interview.

HUDL Highlights


BRENTLSC Scoop - Brent, what an outstanding senior season, both individually and as a team. What will you remember most from last year? Thank you! What I think I will remember most is just being around such an amazing team and being able to enjoy a great season with them.



Q - North Shore barely edged you oute in the playoffs. How hard was that game, and were you rooting for or against them the rest of the way? Man that was the hardest game of my life. When we were down and the clock hit "0:00" it hit me that my high school football career was over, I was devastated. Congrats to North Shore for winning state! They were a great group of players and I was rooting for them after they played us!
Q - Breaking away from the team for a second - how did the change in offense affect you? I really enjoyed the change of offense. I am a very physical player and the offense we ran this year just showcased my type of play style. In a team perspective, it suited us and helped us reach the third round of playoffs which is what really mattered.

Q - Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction? Recruiters started coming around towards the middle of the season. It was never a distraction to me, it really just pushed me to be better.

Q - Who are the schools interested in you? Texas A&M Kingsville, West Texas A&M, A&M Commerce, Prairie View, Texas Lutheran, Concordia
Q - How big of a role do academics play in your decision? Have you decided on a major? Academics plays a huge role in the decision i make. Football will end sometime for me, whether it be after college, or maybe even after the NFL, but whenever it ends it's important to have a good degree! For my major I am still trying to decide between business or engineering.
Q - What strengths do you have that will help you be successful at the collegiate level? I feel my work ethics is what will truly make me successful at the next level. I may not be the biggest, strongest, or the fastest, but I will be the hardest working and do everything I can in my power to better my team and myself.
Q - Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today? The man who helped me get to where I am right now is my father. He is a great person who motivates me to be the best I can be in whatever I do. One day I can only hope to be as good as of a man as he is.
Q - Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two? My advice for the guys that will be going through this process next year would be to start early and start sending your film out, go to a lot of college camps to get yourself noticed, stay hopeful when no one comes for you, and then stay humble when they start trying to knock the door down for you.

(After the interview, Brent announced his commitment to Texas A&M-Kingsville.)
I chose the Javelinas because it's almost like a second home. The campus is beautiful, I will get a good degree there, and the coaching staff is amazing. I'm excited to get the season rolling already lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico