Monday, February 1, 2016

Cade Dyal - Q&A

Our final pre-NSD interview is with Cade Dyal, the record-setting quarterback from Kerrville Tivy HS.  Cade took over at QB midway through his sophomore season, with the Antlers sporting a 1-3 record and their playoff hopes very dim. Since then, Tivy has gone 27-7 with three straight playoff appearances, including a quarterfinal appearance in 2014.  In addition to the team's success, Cade was busy breaking the team's passing records set by Johnny Manziel in 2008-2010, and garnering AP All-State honors (HM in 2014, 2nd team in 2015).  Cade recently announced his commitment to Texas A&M-Kingsville, the school where his father, Mike Dyal, was an All-American.


HUDL Highlights Senior Mid-Season
HDUL Highlights Junior Season





LSC Scoop - Cade, what an outstanding senior season, both individually and as a team. What will you remember most from last year?
It was a very fun and exciting season for sure. I'll probably remember beating Boerne Champion and Alamo Heights to go undefeated and win the district most, but also all the fun we had in the locker room and
at practice as a team.




Q - You ended your high school career with team records in passing yards (8,300) and TDs (93).  How does it feel to see your name at the top of Tivy's record books? Did surpassing Heisman Trophy winning Johnny Manziel make it even bigger?  
To have my name next to Johnny's is really a blessing and I couldn't have done it without my whole team.  Individual records are an indication that the team was having success.  I know that records are made to be broken so I’ll be rooting for the next guy knowing that TFND (Tivy Fight Never Dies) is going strong.


Q - Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction?  Who were the schools recruiting you? 
Colleges started coming to watch me throw during my Junior year and asked me what my future plans were but nothing really serious. If anything it made me better, but I never let it get to my head.  Kingsville, UTSA, UIW, Midwestern, Angelo, and Commerce were all recruiting me.


Q - You recently committed to Texas A&M-Kingsville.  What factors led to that decision?  Did the fact that your father (former NFL tight end Mike Dyal) played at Texas A&I have a big influence? 
I really liked the whole coaching staff and the history of the program. It helped that my father went there, because I knew the school pretty well and had been to a few games and liked what was going on there. I think that with the recruiting class coming in and the current players we can win a bunch of ball games.


Q - How big of a role do academics play in your decision?  Have you decided on a major? 
Academics played a big part in my decision.  My mother is always on to me about my grades so choosing a school with a history of great academics was definitely a priority for me. I plan to major in architectural engineering with a minor in business.
  

Q - Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today? 
My father is definitely my biggest role model, not because he played in the NFL but because he is the man that I want to be like when I get older.  He loves to help people, he will do anything for anyone, he works harder than anyone I know. He loves the Lord, and he makes me be the best I can be.


Q - Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two? 
My advice would be to stay confident in your skills. If you are good, someone will find out. And try to get  into contact with a lot of different schools, that way if something happens and one school stops recruiting you, you'll have more options. Really just have fun while you're playing and then worry about the recruiting later.


Q - What teammates do you think have the ability to play at the collegiate level? Are they being recruited? 
I think quite a few of the guys on my team could play at the next level. We had playmakers at every position.  Recruiters need to figure out how to measure a guys heart and not just rely on their physical attributes.  Too many guys get overlooked because someone deems them to be undersized.  The only ones that I know of
that are being recruited are Wyatt Trahan (RB), Hutch White (WR), Ian Ronan (WR), Carson McCoy (WR), and Jessy Denais (LB).  Wyatt recently committed to Augustana University in Souix Falls, South Dakota.

Thank you Cade, best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico