Sunday, August 20, 2017

LSC Roundup

Kale Steed, Amarillo.com

First-year head coach Hunter Hughes and the West Texas A&M football team is scheduled to host the first of two scrimmages during fall camp at 8:30 a.m. today on Happy Bank State Field at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium.

The scrimmage is free and open to the public. The Buffs, who reported 106 players to fall camp, have had 11 practices through August.

Here are three things fans will want to look for from the today’s scrimmage: (complete story)




and the recap from Kale and Lucas Kinsey...


Kale Steed, Amarillo.com

West Texas A&M fans saw their first glimpse at new head coach Hunter Hughes and the Buffs’ football team after their first of two scrimmages of fall workouts Saturday morning on Happy State Bank Field at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium.

For the first time being on the turf at Kimbrough in a live situation, Hughes was relatively happy with what he saw from his team.

“I’ll have to go back and look at the film to see how I fell overall,” Hughes said. “I was pleased with the effort. I was pleased with how the guys came out. Guys had to separate themselves and I saw some young guys do some things. I just need to go watch the film. That’s where we’re at.”





Lee Scheide, Odessa American

For the better part of two weeks, the UTPB football team’s defense had gotten the upper hand when the Falcons practiced early each morning. Saturday, the offense got a bit of redemption.

The unit was perfect on the goal line to open up the Falcons’ first live scrimmage in preparation for the 2017 season and then moved the ball up and down the field between the 20-yard lines before Bailey Giffen’s 47-yard field goal closed the proceedings on UTPB's practice field.

The spirited workout brought a smile to the face of head coach Justin Carrigan, with a grain of salt.

“I thought our offense played really well; through camp the defense has been ahead,” Carrigan said. “I think the offense came out and started the scrimmage on the goal line, during our goal line segment and just off the top of my head, I think we 6 for 6 in scoring touchdowns.

“So it’s exciting for the offense to come out and answer, but it’s disappointing for the defense. I think our defense is better than what they showed today and that’s what I told them at the end, that I expect more from those guys; but I think the offense answered the bell today.”








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico