Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recruiting Insight - Josh Schneider


Today we visit with Josh Schneider, who quarterbacked LaGrange to the 3A semifinals, before falling to eventual state champion Carthage. Along the way, Josh threw for 3,907 yards (second in 3A for Texas) with 38 TDS and just 8 interceptions. He also had 438 yards rushing and 7 more TDs.


Q - Josh, what an outstanding senior season, both individually and as a team. What will you remember most from this year?
JS - I think I’ll remember how close our team was this year. Our motto was “Band of Brothers”. We played some great team football. I trusted my teammates and they trusted me.


Q - La Grange plays in possibly the toughest 3-A district in the state, but you not only qualified for the playoffs, you made it to the state semifinals. How much better does facing teams like Sealy, Bellville, and
Giddings make your team? and you individually?
JS - I think it really helped us in the playoffs. We reached the Semi-finals this year and I think the quality of teams in our district battle tested us for the playoffs. I had some of my best games in the playoffs and vs. Giddings and Sealy. I love to play in big games.


Q - Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction?
JS - Recruiting has never been a distraction for me. All levels of schools have come by-Rice, Texas State, UTSA, A&M Kingsville, Midwestern State and a few others. They started to come by during the spring of my junior year.


Q - Who are the schools interested in you?
JS - A&M Kingsville has said that I am their top recruit and they’ve been probably the most consistent school in talking to me. UTSA also came by a couple of times to see me and they said some good things. Eastern New Mexico seemed to be really interested in me last year but the coach that was recruiting me left and I haven’t heard much from them. SFA and Lamar have told me that I’m on their short list of QB candidates also.


Q - What schools are you most interested in? Have you decided yet where you will attend college?
JS - There is something about A&M Kingsville that I really like. The coaches are great-energetic and honest. Also, the game atmosphere was pretty awesome when I went down for a game vs. Tarleton State. If I was choosing today, it would be A&M-Kingsville. I’m going down for my official visit there this weekend.


Q - How big of a role do academics play in your decision? Have you decided on a major?
JS - I want to coach after college so I’ll probably major in Kinesiology. Academics play a big role in my decision and I have researched every school that has shown me interest.


Q - What strengths do you have that will help you be successful at the collegiate level?
JS - I have a very strong and accurate arm and I believe that I can lead my team both on and off the field.


Q - Who are your
role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today?
JS - My dad has helped me since I was little. He coaches the linemen for La Grange, but during the summers and offseason he has taken me to a ton of camps and worked with me to get better.


Q - Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two?
JS - Just don’t worry about it. Play your game and schools will come calling.

Q - What teammates do you think have the ability to play at the collegiate level? Are they being recruited?
JS - Brandon Wilkerson (WR) led the state in TD catches this year. I think he is good enough to play in the Big 12.

Thanks Josh. Good luck in your college career.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico