Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recruiting Profile - Dominque Drew


Recruiting season is in full swing with national signing day less than three weeks away.  Our first recruit profile is Dominique Drew.  Dominique played at San Antonio Roosevelt and appeared to be headed to the CUSA, but an injury during his senior year changed his plans, as he ended up playing at Blinn College.  And while it's been a couple of years since he last played, Dominique feels ready and capable of helping a team willing to give him a chance.

Dominique, can you tell us a little bit about your recruiting process coming out of high school? What schools were interested and where did you want to go?
Recruiting process in high school was nice because any school that came in there came to talk to me...I took a few unofficial visits and took all of my official visits...I was offered by all of Conference USA , and was waiting for my season to end to see else would come recruit, but I suffered a very bad pancreatic injury which left me hospitalized for 6 months with no eating or drinking....but Brad Francione found me and I ended up at Blinn.

In what areas have you improved/grown the most while at Blinn?
I improved the most by far on my technique and patience.  I came in straight out of the hospital, so my speed wasn't back yet and the only way I could keep up was with patience and technique, which made me that much better when I got my times back down (4.47 -4.49 ). I will never lose my technique

What has been your favorite moment/play/game?
My favorite play in high school..I was an offensive and defensive player, 4th dwn I go to block the punt with under 2:30 left in the game I rough the punter and give 4 more downs ...But we stop them again , and get the ball with under a minute.  We drive down to the 15 yard line with 50 seconds, call time out, and coach tells the qb as long as you throw it in the area Drew will get it...We go out he throws it to the corner with a cb under me an safety over the top. I grab it for the score...and that was my first ever catch in a high school varsity game..

Who are some of the best players you've had as teammates and also played against?
Best teammates 
Cameron Newton 
Michael Hayes 
Darrin Moore. 
Shawn Rutherford 
Byron Landor. 

Played against
James Henry 
Tyrell Higgings 
Ian Harris  
Nick Fanuzzi 
Travis Lewis 

Is there someone you admire, and model your game or life after?
I think every CB admires Deion Sanders , but I think my game is more like a Charles Tillman of the Chiago Bears..Over 6" ft very consistent an technical..


What will you bring "to the table" when you strap it on at your next school?
Discipline, consistency, and the never give up attitude...Football is a lifestyle - a way of life, and just like everything else in your life, it can be taken away in a flash..so I prepare and play every game like it's my last and that always helps me succeed.

Thanks Drew, hope to see you in the LSC this fall.

(Coaches, let us know if you need help contacting Drew).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico