Friday, January 18, 2013

Recruiting Profile - Travaras Battle

Next up is Travaras "Trey" Battle.  Trey played at John Jay High School in San Antonio, where he was all-state and played on both sides of the ball.  He was rated as a 3 star recruit by Rivals (#79 athlete nationally), a 2 star Scout prospect and the #51 athlete by ESPN.  He signed with TCU and played in 13 games as a true freshman and was 13th on the team with 18 tackles.  As a sophomore, he appeared in 9 games and had 21 tackles, with 2 passes broken up.

Travaras Battle
Q - Travaras you signed with TCU out of high school. How was your time in Fort Worth?
It was a blessing, something I always dreamed of growing up in a small town in Georgia. My uncle playing for UGA and I looked up to him as a father, so being at the same level that he got to was a great feeling.



Q - What were some of your highlights while you were there?


Winning the rose bowl game and being able to play as a freshman on one of the top teams in the country.



Q - Now your at Texas A&M-Kingsville and will be joining the football team in the spring. How did you end up a Javelina?
My mother had got very sick my soph year and I choose to leave and come home for a while.  My high school coach, Bobby Jack Goforth, just called me one day and asked if I wanted to play again and the answer was yes! He said a school in Kingsville  wanted to know if I wanted to play and I was so happy that God was giving my family and I another chance to live a dream that we all talked about growing up in Forsthy, Georgia.

Q - What are your expectations of playing in the Lone Star Conference? 
I believe football is football no matter where you play it at. If you are having fun running around and loving what you are doing then your performance is going to show itself



Q - What are you looking to do after college? outside of the NFL, what kind of career are you interested in? 
I am a communications major with a minor in business. I want to be able to start my own business or come in to the family business with my uncle Hayes Battle

Q - Coming from San Antonio and Fort Worth as it been difficult adjusting to a smaller town, or did growing up in a small town in Georgia make this an easier transition?
I grew up in a town smaller than Kingsville, so I feel like I'm at home again - I feel like I fit right in.

Thank you for your time.  Good luck in the classroom and on the field









No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico