Wednesday, January 25, 2012

LSC Scoop Recruiting Spotlight - Logan Jentzen


Here's a recruit that is flying under the radar.  Despite being 1st team 24-5A, 1st team All County (and one of three finalists for Defensive MVP) and racking up 108 solo tackles and 7 interceptions, Clear Creek's Logan Jentzen is not being as heavily recruited as he should be.  He does have several NAIA offers, and has be talking with several DI schools, but so far has only spoken to Abilene Christian and West Texas A&M from the LSC.

LSC Scoop - Logan, what an outstanding senior season individually and Clear Creek made the playoffs. What will you remember most from last year?
Yes we had a great season but what I will remember most is probably the great group of teammates I had.  Actually I wouldn't call them teammates more like brothers. I think that was the great thing about our team was the relationship everybody had with each other.  Most of those guys I have played with since little league and intermediate, those memories I will keep forever.


LSC Scoop - Who are the schools interested in you?
I have a lot of interest from schools at the NAIA level ,but also West Texas A&M and other schools in the Lone Star Conference.

LSC Scoop - What schools are you most interested in?
I'm most interested in any school at the D2 level in Texas, although I think I am D1 capable -I started the recruiting process late.  I think I could excel and be a great asset at any division 2 school.

LSC Scoop - Have you decided on a major?
I have decided on a biology major (wildlife or marine) or environmental sciences.

LSC Scoop -What strengths do you have that will help you be successful at the collegiate level?
I am one of the smartest safeties there is, wherever the ball is I will be there.  I'm an extremely physical player, laying hits, stuffing the hole, and eliminating players that come across the middle.  I also have great hands and I'm a big safety so if the ball is near me I will come up with it.
LSC Scoop - Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today?
My role model would have to be a guy like Rodney Harrison ..a smart safety ..but very physical. and Walter Payton a guy who is mild mannered but went through a lot and overcame his trials to become one of the best!

LSC Scoop -Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two?
Start early, Send film out as soon as you can, especially junior year. And just to keep calm, it can be a stressful but exciting process.

LSC Scoop - What teammates do you think have the ability to play at the collegiate level? Are they being recruited?
Dion Lewis & Ty Jentzen (my younger brother,) WR not being recruited. Colby Davis RB not being recruited. Brandon Martin LB not being recruited & Austin Smith QB signed with A&M Commerce.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/838365/logan-jentzen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico