Friday, December 21, 2007

Ex-coach Howard applies for old job at UCO

From NewsOk.com

Former UCO coach, Gary Howard, has applied for the job. Howard coached the Bronchos for 26 years, compiling a 162-105-6 record, including the 1982 NAIA championship.

"I believe my experience and record speak for itself,” Howard said. "I know I have the qualifications, and I'm ready to get back into everything.”

Though Howard left the Bronchos' sideline, he never left UCO. Howard has been teaching in the kinesiology and health departments since being relieved of his coaching duties in 2002.

"I don't feel like I've slipped a step at all,” Howard said. "If anything, I feel recharged. I've been following the team every year and have been out there every week when I can and would love another shot at it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico