Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recruiting Insight - Cory Williams

This just a coincidence, but our second interview is with another Converse Judson alum. Cory Williams just wrapped up his junior college career this past weekend as Blinn won/lost the national championship game. Prior to coming to Blinn, Cory was a second team all district defensive end on a Rocket's team that finshed as the 5A Division I runner up despite a fourth place district finish.
------------------------------------------------

Q - Cory, what an outstanding season, both individually and as a team. What will you remember most from your time at Blinn?
CW - The memory I will remember most will be how we as a unit pepared as a team to get were we need to be.

Q - Tell us a little bit about recruiting. When did colleges start coming around? Was it ever a distraction?
CW - Colleges first started coming my junior year of high school.it was not an distraction.

Q - How is recruiting this year different from when you were in high school?
CW - Recurting this year is diffrent this year than high school, at a JC they really put you out to get noticed.

Q - Who are the schools interested in you?
CW - The schools interested in me are Kansas, Texas Southern, Texas State, Incarnate Word, Tarleton State and Midwestern State.

Q - What schools are you most interested in?
CW - I have to visit some schools first to see what I'm most interested in.

Q - How big of a role do academics play in your decision? Have you decided on a major?
CW - Academics play a huge role. My major is criminal justice

Q - What strengths do you have that will help you be successful at the next level?
CW - I'm an impact player and a leader on my team.

Q - Who are your role models, or the people that have helped you get where you are today?
CW - The people that helped me to get to were I am now is my family

Q - Any advice for guys that will be going through this process in the next year or two?
CW - My advice to guy next year to to keep on beliveing and you will acheive.

Thanks Cory, we look forward to seeing on Saturdays next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico