Friday, January 25, 2008

10 Questions - Josh Miles San Antonio Madison

10 Questions with Josh Miles
For a team as talented as the San Antonio Madison Mavericks, colleges haven't been taking much notice. The Mavericks improved on a 5-5 2006 record by going 13-2 and a spot in the 5A semi-finals. One of the stars of the team was RB Josh Miles, who rushed for 736 yds on only 76 carries, he also caught 12 passes for another 270 yds and scored a combined 10 TDs. He accomplished this despite starting only 4 games before getting injured in the regular season finale.

Scoop: You leave Madison after an outstanding season last fall. What do you think your lasting memories of your high school career will be?

JM: What i will probably remember most was just our team in general. We had a lot of fun over the years. I think of every single one of my teammates as brothers and friends. Even though I didn't play in the playoffs because my injury those were the happiest times because when you look back we've come a long way from being 5-5 last year. I don't think I'll ever forget the heart and determination my team showed out there on the field and that will be hard to forget.

Scoop: The Mavericks were riding high, undefeated through 6 games, when starting RB Devin Thomas was lost for the season. You stepped in and rushed for 508 yards in only 4 starts in the tough 26-5A district. What were your thoughts leading up to your first start against perennial powerhouse (and eventual division I state finalist) Converse Judson?

JM: My thoughts were just to stay focused as a team and not to let DT's injury slow us down as many people thought it would. Me being the way I am i wasn't worried about who we were playing, I just was thinking about getting prepared because I didn't want to let down my teammates we had high expectations for our season.

Scoop: You didn't have this problem much last year - losses. How do you deal with setbacks? What was tougher, the 3 point loss to Judson (on a FG as time expired) or being on the sidelines for the state semifinal loss to Katy?

JM: Well setbacks to me are just like a bump in the road it might slow you down but it didn't stop you so you gotta move on. The 3 point loss to Judson was really tough because we were on a hot streak and then it just ended but i knew that that game didn't mean anything as far as playoffs were concerned. So i would have to say the Katy game was tougher because being so close to a state championship and falling just a week short it was tough.

Scoop: How did you help the during the playoffs? Was it difficult to maintain a positive attitude?

JM: During the playoffs I just tried to encourage and motivate everybody. We did have tough times and I never once thought that any game was over even the Katy game, and I just tried to keep everyone thinking and feeling that way any way I could.

Scoop: Who was the best player you saw this year on an opposing team? Do you study what they do on the field that makes them successful?

JM: Well to be honest I don't really pay much attention to who's good or not I just watch video and see how they play as a team and how they line up, so I can't say who was the best i went against. Now a defense as a whole I thought Judson had a very fast smart defense with excellent pursuit angles to stop the big plays.

Scoop: If I'm a coach, why would I want a person like you on my team? What are your best qualities?

JM: Well first off I have the talent to play and i think make an impact on any team I play on. I also have a good attitude and a hunger to win I've always been on a winning team. I will bring confidence, enthusiasm, and respect for the program and the team.

Scoop: What player, college or pro, do you play most like?

JM: I would have say Jones-Drew from the jaguars or Barry Sanders because those are the guys that i see myself as. Barry because he is just so quick and elusive. Then Jones-Drew because he is just so tough and he isn't scared to go against anybody.

Scoop: Have you decided on a major for college? What kind of career would you like to have.

JM: Yes, i would like to major in physical therapy or kinesiology. I plan on becoming a physical therapist in the some kind of sports atmosphere.

Scoop: Have any LSC schools been recruiting you? Do you have a favorite?

JM: Yes Tarleton state and Midwestern state. I have been wanting to attend Midwestern state for a long time now so i guess that one would be my favorite.

Scoop: Any advice for guys coming up next year on how to prepare themselves for college, both on the field and in the classroom?

JM: well first off you gotta get it done in the classroom before you look forward to any future in college sports. second play every play like its your last because some lost their opportunity and you never know when you'll lose yours so play 100 percent..100 percent of the time


Thanks Josh and best of luck to you in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico