Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Amarillo's loss is Abilene's gain

Veteran journalist signs on as new ARN sports editor
The Reporter-News welcomed Greg Jaklewicz back to its staff on Tuesday, naming the veteran newsman the new sports editor.

A product of Abilene and two-time employee of the Reporter-News, Jaklewicz, 50, came to the newspaper after 1½ years as assistant sports editor of the Amarillo Globe-News.

There, he helped the Globe-News staff earn an Associated Press Managing Editors award for its 2008 football section, and he was named the Lone Star Conference’s sports writer of the year for his work covering the West Texas A&M football team.

Jaklewicz said he was looking forward to working with the Reporter-News sports staff.

“The staff is in place and I just want to be the go-to person that makes it run and let the writers do what they do best and go out and cover their teams and have the time to do that,” Jaklewicz said. “With my experience, I hope to be able to make some good decisions. I’ve always been known for being creative and my work ethic, so I think that I’ll put the time and energy into doing this job as well as I can to serve our readers in print and online.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico