Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recruiting Spotlight - Chad Tarhini

Tody's interview is with Chad Tarhini, quarterback for Tomball High School. Over the past two seasons, Chad threw for more than 3,000 yds and 20 TDs, while also rushing for more than 400 and 9 TDs. As serving as his team's punter, Chad averaged over 37 yds per punt. Chad was selected to the 13-5A all-district second team as quarterback, and to the first team as punter. In addition, he was picked for the All-Greater Houston Football team by the Houston Chronicle on the second team at punter. He will be visiting Hardin-Simmons and Howard Payne this weekend.

Chad, you played in district 13-5A, arguably one of the toughest in the state. Do you think that gives you an advantage over someone who might have bigger numbers but did so against much weaker competition? or do you think that people might not factor that in at first glance?
CT- I think that the district I play in is one of the hardest if not the hardest. I do think that playing in a tough district like that is an advantage. It is an advantage because i play against D-1 caliber players and that's who plays in college. I have played against numerous people since my sophomore year that have gone D-1, those are the type caliber people recruit so why wouldn't I think it is advantage, right? I don't think that anyone can look over the improvement my offense has made from the season prior to this season and to now. Everything doubled and tripled in some categories, what more could someone ask for? I think that playing in this district and doing the things we did as a team is unbelievable and playing in a tough district only makes you better and helps prepare you for the future.

What are your favorite football memories from high school?
CT - Some of my favorite football memories in high school is the win against Spring this year, like every game we went in as a underdog and that night we came out on top. Also in the summer doing 7 on 7 we were really successful and it was a lot of fun. Also I think my fondest memories will be the time I spent with my team and coaches. I have never known or met anyone that worked harder the we did, and that is what we had to do. I have met some of the greatest people in the world through this game and will never forget them.

Where do you think your future lies at the next level, at quarterback, punter, or do you think you could do both at college?
CT - I think my future lies anywhere on the field. Whether it be QB or P I know that any way i could contribute to my team is a success for me. I do think I can play both in college, it is killing two birds in one stone so who isn't up for that.

How is the recruiting process coming along? What LSC schools have been visiting you? Do you have a favorite?
CT - I have been contacted by some LSC schools such as Angelo State, Eastern New Mexico, and Northeastern State. As far as favorites, it is anyone right now i don't have any specific. I would like to get to know each one first.

What are your most important traits that will help you be successful at the next level?
CT - I think one important trait that I have that will help me at the next level is my work ethic. I know that I will do anything and everything to get better, I would be there every day even voluntarily. I think that I am a leader, that I go out of my way to help someone, and give encouragement. Also I think that playing in a 5A high school has given some help, realizing that the town, coaches, and my teammates know their faith lies in my hands. Also I like running an offense being on the field and knowing what I can do and calling plays at the line.

Do you have an idea of what you want to study in college? How important are a university's academics in your decision of where to go in the fall?
CT - I would like to study Kinesiology, and minor in a teaching or a math. My ultimate dream is to be a coach at the college level or high school. I have fallen in love with the game and want to help out kids in their journey through life, because football isn't just a game. It is a life commitment, it teaches you much more then how to throw a ball or how to tackle there are many things that I would like to pass down to kids. As far as the academic prestige of a school is important because that is what will get me through life.

Thanks Chad. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lone Star Conference

Angelo State University

Cameron University

Eastern New Mexico University

MSUMustangs.com

Texas A&M-Commerce

Tarleton State University

Texas A&M-Kingsville

Texas Woman's College

University of Texas of the Permian Basin

West Texas A&M University

Western New Mexico